Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week 5- Forward Stride



Going into this week I knew exactly what I was going to do. Unfortunately, those plans fell through. I was going to volunteer at this great food bank called Helping Hands. At Helping Hands I would have bagged food for people to take home. The event was supposed to start at 6:30, only some people got there at 6:15. When my friend Hunter and I got there at 6:37 they were already done.  So now I had a problem. It was Friday night, and I needed to volunteer before Monday. When I told my friend Megan that I needed to volunteer she came up with the greatest idea. I could come and volunteer at the barn where she rides.
Dee

Duckee

When we got to the barn we went to what’s known as the pink penguin hall. When we were there we swept the hallway. It was a long hallway. While we were sweeping I got to meet a lot of horses. One horse was named Duckee, she was really sweet and had the coolest looking eyes. Another horse I met, named Dee, was all brown and really tall. He ended up scaring me really bad when I was standing next to a window and he stuck his head out right next to me. I might have screamed, just a little… or a lot :). It took a while to get all the hay and bedding swept up, but when we were done it looked really good.


The barn Megan rides at is called Forward Stride.  Forward Stride is a great organization. Not only do they offer riding lessons for all ages, but they also offer therapeutic riding. Therapeutic riding helps people improve their sensory integration, gross and fine motor skills, proper posture, independence and social skills, self esteem and more. I loved helping out at Forward Stride and I hope that I get to again soon.

Duckee and me

Megan and Tigo










No comments:

Post a Comment