Thursday, January 20, 2011

Week 1- Helping Out In the Sunday School Class

This week, I volunteered in the pre-school Sunday school class at my church. I love helping in their class. The kids are just so sweet! Since their ages range from two to four, their isn’t much of a lesson you can actually teach, but we try. My job, help keep the kids engaged in the lesson, pass things out, direct the kids to where they need to go, basic things like that, but to me it’s much more than that.  Helping extends beyond the classroom. Our church meets in a building that we rent out Sunday mornings; it has a giant jungle gym inside. After I help clean up I always meet up with my friends, then most times we go to find the kids in the jungle gym. I just love the kids and they love having someone to play with.  I remember when I was little I always wanted to play with the older kids and teenagers. It used to make me so sad that they were always too busy. But there was one girl who would always play with me, Lauren. Lauren was one of my best friends. She lived just down the street, and always treated me like a friend, not just another little kid. I want to be a like Lauren to those little kids, treat them like a friend and always be there to play.  Hopefully, as these children grow up, the will remember all the times my friends and I stopped what we were doing to play duck duck goose, and follow them around the jungle gym, and hopefully do the same for the young children in their life.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I love your story and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats an awesome and nice thing you did.

    ReplyDelete